Do you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless and at-risk youth? Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing.
In anticipation of a major expansion of our services, we are recruiting for several positions on our Development & Communications team. Primarily privately funded, Covenant House relies on the hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers and the generosity of our donor community. It is through all of our efforts that we are able to help at-risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
In addition to our existing vibrant team of fundraisers and related positions, we are excited to be recruiting for several new positions to strengthen our capacity to raise operating funds and serve more young people. Covenant House values work/life balance and the Development & Communications team is a diverse and fun group of professionals responsible for telling the stories of and gaining support for our youth. Join us at a very exciting time in our evolution!
This position is responsible for ensuring exemplary customer service and donations administration for Covenant House Vancouver’s donors. In addition, this position ensures both speed and accuracy targets are met throughout the year
- Ensure donation mail is received from the front desk as soon as it arrives
- Separate out “Major Gifts” and “Direct Mail” daily
- Send NSF cheques and rejected card correspondence daily (try to phone credit cards first), flag and update the donor record accordingly
- Research “returned receipt” donors weekly, flag and update their file accordingly
- Fulfill duplicate receipt requests as needed
- Ensure GIK donations that are receipted have appropriate back-up
- Enter Thank-A-Thon calls into Raiser’s Edge and forward any action items to the appropriate staff member
- For Direct Mail; open, batch, scan, enter and receipt gifts daily (within 24 hours) including sending the electronic file to Mail-o-Matic and update donor records
- For Major Gifts; open and scan all gifts and email to development staff daily, batch, enter and receipt gifts twice a week, distribute all accompanying correspondence to the appropriate development staff person
- For Good Samaritans, enter new signups, attach media files daily and ensure accuracy of records
- Other duties as required
- High School and a provincial or other vocational or professional certificate/degree is preferred and
- 1 year related past experience
- Able to handle high volume of data entry in an efficient and accurate manner
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising/database software required
- Demonstrates initiative and diligence and is detail oriented
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Professional and courteous phone manner
- The candidate must successfully complete a criminal records and education verification check prior to commencing employment
- 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Full benefits package, including sick and personal time
- Preferred start date of July 4, 2017
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.