Do you want to make a difference in the lives of homeless and at-risk youth? Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing.
In anticipation of a major expansion of our services, we are recruiting for several positions on our Development & Communications team. Primarily privately funded, Covenant House relies on the hard work and dedication of our staff and volunteers and the generosity of our donor community. It is through all of our efforts that we are able to help at-risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
In addition to our existing vibrant team of fundraisers and related positions, we are excited to be recruiting for several new positions to strengthen our capacity to raise operating funds and serve more young people. Covenant House values work/life balance and the Development & Communications team is a diverse and fun group of professionals responsible for telling the stories of and gaining support for our youth. Join us at a very exciting time in our evolution!
The Development Officer, Individual Giving is responsible for managing a portfolio of major individual donors to raise funds to support operating costs of Covenant House Vancouver.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing individual major donors
- Development and implementation of annual solicitation strategies for assigned individual major donors that will meet yearly goals as set out in the annual service plan
- Create customized solicitations (may include grant proposals) for individual major donors and prospects based on giving history, preference and information gathered through research
- Stewardship of these key donors through the natural giving cycle by creating relationships and engaging them in Covenant House Vancouver’s work
- Oversee the solicitation of all assigned major individual donors in your portfolio to maximize potential returns
- Create opportunities for donors that are engaging and accurate
- Creation of inventive recognition packages and stewardship pieces that honour the value of each donation
- Generate event opportunities, recruit participants, and facilitate event logistics as required
- Enter information into Raisers Edge and handle donor information in a sensitive and ethical manner
- General administration duties including answering the donation phone line
- Reports to and is supported by Associate Manager, Individual Giving
- Other duties as required
- College, university, or professional certificate degree is preferred
- 1-2 years related past experience
- Solid fundraising skills with demonstrated ability to meet/exceed personal fundraising goals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; both written & oral
- Ability to organize a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through
- Confident writer
- Outstanding relationship building skills with donors
- Possess a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to work exceptionally well in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of Vancouver’s homelessness issues and the ability to match the cause with the donor community
- Intermediate level user of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office
- 35 hours per week/ 70 hours per pay period
- Limited benefits package
- Preferred start date of June 12th, 2017
- End Date: June 19, 2018
No phone calls please*
Please attach a cover letter and resume in your application and upload in one file as our system does not allow you to upload more than one file. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Covenant House Vancouver hires on the basis of merit and ensures quality and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment is to ensure equity in employment without race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age, except as prescribed by law. We encourage applicants from qualified aboriginal persons, all genders and sexual orientation, persons with disabilities and others with the skills and knowledge to effectively engage with those from diverse backgrounds.
Please Note: All candidates must successfully complete a criminal records check prior to commencing employment at Covenant House Vancouver.