Covenant House Vancouver is the premier provider of residential and support services for our city’s homeless youth, and we are growing! You will be joining a team of dedicated and committed people whose mission is to help at-risk young people move off the streets and on to independence.
In order to be hired at Covenant House Vancouver as an employee, practicum student, or volunteer, candidates must provide evidence of full courses of Health-Canada approved vaccinations prior to starting their first shift.
Responsible for creating and implementing Covenant House Vancouver’s overall strategy for the annual solicitation & stewardship of assigned major donors to meet financial goals in the annual agency Service Plan (In any given year this may include operating and capital).
• Development and implementation of annual solicitation strategies for assigned major donors that will meet yearly goals as set out in the annual service plan
• Identification of top 100 to 150 “key” assigned major donors each year
• Create tailored asks (may include grant proposals) for key major donors/prospects based on giving history, preference and information gathered through research and personal contact
• Create opportunities for major giving that are engaging, accurate and transparent
• Stewardship of these key donors through the natural giving cycle by creating relationships and engaging them in Covenant House Vancouver’s mandate
• Oversee the solicitation of all assigned major donors in your portfolio to maximize potential returns
• Create inventive recognition packages that honour the value of each donation, but that do not divert much needed funds from programs
• Forge relationships with donors and sow the seeds for annual donors to perpetuate their giving through planned gifts
• Generate event opportunities, recruit participants, and facilitate event logistics
• Other duties as required
• College, University or professional certificate degree is preferred
• 1-2 years related past experience
• Excellent organizational and communications skills; both written & oral
• Prospect management
• Confident writing
• Outstanding relationship building skills with donors
• Exceptional analytical and decision making skills
• Possess a high level of professionalism
• Demonstrated ability to work exceptionally well in a team environment
• Excellent knowledge of Vancouver’s homelessness issues and the ability to match the cause with the donor community
• Intermediate level user of Raiser’s Edge, Excel and Word
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
CHV is committed to upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, diversity, equity, and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all at Covenant House Vancouver.
We love what we do and try to make a difference every day. Covenant House Vancouver offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package and excellent opportunity for training and career advancement. If you are looking to join a place where we have a purpose and aim to achieve positive outcomes, please join us by applying.
As soon as possible
Posting will remain open until filled