Accounting Clerk – 1 year contract
As we serve vulnerable youth, all employees working for Covenant House Vancouver must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required prior to your start date.
About Covenant House Vancouver
Since 1997, Covenant House Vancouver has provided relentless support for youth experiencing, or at-risk of experiencing, homelessness. We provide support to young people age 16 to 24 who have experienced a wide range of early life and ongoing, complex trauma; including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect. Our purpose is to serve all youth, with absolute respect and unconditional love, to help youth experiencing homelessness, and provide a safe and supportive environment for all youth in need.
The Impact an Accounting Clerk with our Finance Team can make:
As an Accounting Clerk you will be responsible for providing support for Covenant House Vancouver’s accounting and clerical services. This includes processing invoices and payments in an effective and efficient manner. This position will provide general support to the Controller as needed. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic and continually looking to improve processes and increase efficiency.
How You Will Contribute:
- Enter invoices into Sage with the proper coding provided by department managers
- Ensure timely weekly AP payment processing
- Prepare weekly payments batch and print cheques/upload EFT payment batches accurately and on time
- Liaise with vendors to ensure accounts are current and assist if any discrepancies
- Obtain appropriate signatures/approvals for all payments, and mail all cheques signed and send out notifications for EFT vendors
- Execute E-filing for processed AP invoices and payments
- Deposit cash, cheques, coin received into operating bank account-shared responsibility with Financial Analyst
- Prepare DP’s Cash Sheet batch for review
- Follow up to ensure corporate Visa expense reports completed on time
- Prepare petty cash requests and get reimbursement funds to departments
- Other related duties as assigned
Who We Are Looking For?
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or certificate in Accounting or Finance
- 1-2 years of accounting experience, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
Skills & Abilities:
- Accurate data entry skills with attention to details
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Flexible and willing to learn and adopt changes
- Team player with positive attitude to contribute to the team success
Why Work For Us? Would You Like To …
- Be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of youth in need
- Work safely with low youth to staff ratio
- Have generous Health & Dental Benefits, substantial counselling benefits, employee assistance program, excellent vacation, personal and sick leave
- Attend an array of exciting team bonding exercises throughout the year
- An inclusive team that welcomes innovative ideas and creativity
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Covenant House Vancouver is a secular organization that welcomes and serves young people from all backgrounds. While the international federation to which we belong was founded in the 1970s by members of the Catholic Church, we are not aligned with any specific faith traditions.
CHV is committed to upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- Persons from groups marginalized due to race, ancestry, colour, religion/spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- Persons with visible (physical) and/or invisible (mental) disabilities;
- Persons who identify as women;
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and
- Indigenous persons.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, diversity, equity, and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all at Covenant House Vancouver.
We love what we do and try to make a difference every day. Covenant House Vancouver offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package and excellent opportunity for training and career advancement. If you are looking to join a place where we have a purpose and aim to achieve positive outcomes, please join us by applying.
The starting salary range for this position is $41,860.00 to $50,960.00 annually and selected benefits are available immediately. This is a 1 year contract position.
If our recruitment process does not work for you, let us know. Let’s see how we can work together to get to know you and see what might be a great fit!