Donations Processing Lead
In order to be hired at Covenant House Vancouver as an employee, practicum student, or volunteer, candidates must provide evidence of full courses of Health-Canada approved vaccinations prior to starting their first shift.
About Covenant House
Since 1997, Covenant House Vancouver has provided essential and relentless support for youth experiencing, or at-risk of experiencing, homelessness. We provide support to youth ages 16 to 24 who have experienced a wide range of early life and ongoing, complex trauma including physical, sexual, emotional abuse, and neglect. Our purpose is to serve all youth with absolute respect and unconditional love, to help youth experiencing homelessness, and provide a safe and supportive environment for all youth in need.
The Impact the Donations Processing Lead in the Philanthropy Department can make:
As the Donations Processing Lead, you will be responsible for continuing the exemplary donations administration and customer service that Covenant House Vancouver’s (CHV) donors have come to expect. Along side the Manager of Donations Processing and Database, you will support the Donations Processing Team in all functions including Direct Mail, White Mail, and Monthly Donors to ensure that the teams fundraising targets are being met throughout the year. Through effective donation administration and stewardship, you will contribute to the team’s fundraising efforts and focus on building and maintaining relationships with our donors.
The Donations Processing Lead will also supervise and train a team of seasonal staff and act as the point person for the Donations Processing Team while the Manager is away.
How you will contribute:
- Assist in supervising all Donations Processing tasks to ensure goals and deadlines are met
- Train and supervise a team of temporary seasonal workers and volunteers
- Assist in facilitating training to Raiser’s Edge users
- Maintain up-to-date training manuals
- Attend monthly Philanthropy Officer meetings and provide updates form the Donation Processing team
- Assist Manager and Accounting Department with monthly financial closes and reconciliation
- Ensure all donations processing activity is PCI compliant
- Ensures all donation receipts are compliant with CRA regulations
- Sends thank you letter templates and data files to Mail-O-Matic for receipting
- Assists in preparing consolidated receipts for our monthly donors
- Fulfills replacement receipt requests as needed
- Ensures in-house and Mail-O-Matic receipts are in stock and order as required
- Ensures receipts are filed away correctly and stored as per CRA guidelines.
- Checks various constituent fields and attributes within the data base in weekly and monthly increments to ensure accurate records
- Runs weekly Major Gift queries to help Philanthropy Officers with portfolio integrity
- Review queries, exports, mail functions and reports in the database
- Provide support to Philanthropy Officers as needed
- Other related tasks as required
Who are we looking for?
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with fundraising and donations processing, database administration or similar role
- College, University, or professional certificate considered an asset
- Advanced MS office and excel skills
- 2 years of donor database experience in Raisers Edge
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to juggle competing demands, prioritize with ease and are efficient with your time, and comfortable with deadlines
- An interest in philanthropy and learning new skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a supportive team environment and independently
- Big picture thinker with attention to detail
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
Why Work for us? Would you like to …
- Be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of youth in need
- Have generous Health & Dental Benefits, including substantial counselling benefits, employee assistance program, excellent vacation, personal, and sick leave
- Access ongoing training and development to improve both professional and personal growth
- Attend an array of exciting team bonding exercises throughout the year
- An inclusive team that welcomes innovative ideas and creativity
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
CHV is committed to upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- Persons from groups marginalized due to race, ancestry, colour, religion/spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- Persons with visible (physical) and/or invisible (mental) disabilities;
- Persons who identify as women;
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and
- Indigenous persons.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, diversity, equity, and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all at Covenant House Vancouver.
We love what we do and try to make a difference every day. If you are looking to join a place where we have a purpose and aim to achieve positive outcomes, please join us by applying.
The starting salary range for this position is $23.68 – $29.60 / hour
If our recruitment process does not work for you, let us know. Let’s see how we can work together to get to know you and see what might be a great fit!