Team Leader | Crisis Program
In order to be hired at Covenant House Vancouver as an employee, practicum student, or volunteer, candidates must provide evidence of full courses of Health-Canada approved vaccinations prior to starting their first shift.
About Covenant House Vancouver
Since 1997, Covenant House Vancouver has provided relentless support for youth experiencing, or at-risk of experiencing, homelessness. We provide support to young people age 16 to 24 who have experienced a wide range of early life and ongoing, complex trauma; including physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect. Our purpose is to serve all youth, with absolute respect and unconditional love, to help youth experiencing homelessness, and provide a safe and supportive environment for all youth in need.
The Impact a Team Leader in the Crisis Program can make:
Your primary role as a Team Leader is to be responsible for operation of Crisis Shelter and Youth Workers on Shift and for direct implementation of Covenant House philosophy and policies as they pertain to residential care
How you will contribute:
- Responsible for direct implementation of Covenant House philosophy and policies as they pertain to residential care
- Assign shift responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate intakes, assessments, discharges
- Ensure structure and adherence to daily routines
- Ensure quality control in case management
- Manage crisis intervention including briefing, debriefing
- Facilitate team meetings including shift change
- Supervise youth workers on shift
- Co-ordinate youth workers on shift
- Oversee therapeutic milieu
- Ensure adherence to and role model Covenant House principles and core values
- Ensure safety and security of clients, staff, and property
- Regular security checks of interior and exterior of building
- Other duties as required
Who are we looking for?
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree related to social service
- Supervisory experience preferred
- First Aid & Non-Violent Crisis Intervention is an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with the challenges facing youth who are experiencing homelessness or housing instability
- Familiarity with substance misuse
- Leadership and team building skills
Why Work for us? Would you like to …
- Be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of youth in need
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of youth workers, social workers, clinical counsellors, mentorship and life skills coordinators, outreach, and housing workers
- Work safely with low youth to staff ratio
- Access ongoing training and development to improve both professional and personal growth
- Attend an array of exciting team bonding exercises throughout the year
- An inclusive team that welcomes innovative ideas and creativity
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Covenant House Vancouver is a secular organization that welcomes and serves young people from all backgrounds. While the international federation to which we belong was founded in the 1970s by members of the Catholic Church, we are not aligned with any specific faith traditions.
CHV is committed to upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- Persons from groups marginalized due to race, ancestry, colour, religion/spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- Persons with visible (physical) and/or invisible (mental) disabilities;
- Persons who identify as women;
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions; and
- Indigenous persons.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that therefore, diversity, equity, and inclusion can be complex. We value the contributions that each person brings and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all at Covenant House Vancouver.
We love what we do and try to make a difference every day. Covenant House Vancouver offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package and excellent opportunity for training and career advancement. If you are looking to join a place where we have a purpose and aim to achieve positive outcomes, please join us by applying.
The starting salary range for this position is $29.76 – $37.20 / hour
If our recruitment process does not work for you, let us know. Let’s see how we can work together to get to know you and see what might be a great fit!