As a Covenant House Vancouver mentor you can give a young person the opportunity to learn, grow, and help smooth the transition into adulthood. Mentoring is a great way to give back to your community and help build brighter futures for youth who have not always had positive adult role models.
As a mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience while building a trusting, healthy relationship with young person in need. You will help equip them with essential life and career skills and the tools to make positive choices.
Mentorship Program Details:
- Our Mentorship Coordinator will work with you to find a youth aged 16-24 that matches the skills you have to offer.
- You will work one on one with the same youth for one full year.
- Meet with your youth mentee once a month in person and check in by phone, email or text once a week.
- Have ongoing staff support for any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Training and learning sessions will be provide before you start mentoring and throughout the year.
If this sounds like the volunteer experience for you please fill out an application. Applications can be submitted to the Mentorship Coordinator Lisa M. at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 604-647-4484, or in person to 326 West. Pender St.
If you have any questions or would like more details please contact:
Phone: (604) 647-4480