The Case Management Team are Social Workers who work to provide youth-focused, coordinated and all-encompassing services to youth. Covenant House Vancouver takes a Trauma Informed Approach to caring for our young people. Trauma Informed Care involves understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of all types of trauma. Trauma Informed Care also emphasizes physical, psychological and emotional safety and helps youth rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
Our Social Workers seek to focus and build upon youths unique gifts and strengths that our young people possess.
Integrated Case Management may include:
- Assessments of over-all health (mental, physical and spiritual)
- Creation and implementation of weekly case plans
- Short and long-term goal setting
- Referrals to and coordination of specialized services like psychiatrists and other medical professionals
Our process is based on the following principles:
- Youth-centered services
- Cultivating relationships of trust and mutual respect
- Realistic plans
- Youth participation and self-determination
- Focusing on resilience
- Celebration of diversity
- Collaboration and team work
- Accountability and responsibility