April 18-24th is National Volunteer Appreciation Week and it is a time to celebrate Canada’s volunteers. The National Volunteer Week theme for 2021, The Value of One, The Power of Many, reflects on the awe-inspiring acts of kindness by millions of individuals and the magic that happens when we work together towards a common purpose.
Even during this pandemic when volunteers have not been able to be on-site our volunteers have found new ways to help:
- Volunteer tutors virtually meet with youth to help with schooling
- Volunteers have helped youth to virtual file their income taxes
- Volunteers have donated and provided meals
- Volunteers have donated non-perishable food items in support of Covey’s Cupboard (our free food bank)
- Volunteer groups at their schools or workplaces have decorating gift bags & boxes and created holiday cards for youth
- Volunteers have helped us spread the word when we have held 50/50 Raffles and other contests
- Mentor volunteers continue to support their youth mentees
Covenant House Vancouver would like to take this opportunity to recognize all of you who volunteer with us. Your continued support through Covid-19 is truly appreciated and we can not wait to welcome you back on-site or have you join us for the first time!