Its National Volunteer Week from April 16–23, and this year’s theme is “Volunteering Weaves Us Together.” Working together, creating bridges, and building a stronger community to support our youth, is exactly what our volunteers do.
Covenant House Vancouver would like to acknowledge and extend a heartfelt thanks to the 113 volunteers that dedicate their time, energy, and efforts to create a vibrant and warm environment for the youth to thrive in. We are extremely grateful for our incredible volunteers, from individuals to businesses, our gracious volunteers:
- Donate and provide meals
- Help the Food Services Team
- Donate non-perishable food items in support of Covey’s Cupboard, our free food bank
- Assist with our Art Therapy sessions
- Donate, stock, and organize our Clothing Room, where youth can pick out their own clothes, jackets, and shoes
- Mentor youth and plan youth outings
- Spread the word when we have 50/50 Raffles and other contests
- Assist in setting up spaces, such as our new facility that opened last fall
- Donate supplies and, last year, packed 350 backpacks for our Hope for the Holidays campaign
Thank you for your kindness, dedication, and generosity, whether it be for an afternoon or for many months. You play an integral role in providing unconditional love and relentless support to our youth.