The Integrated Case Management Team at Covenant House Vancouver works to provide youth-focused, coordinated and all-encompassing services to youth.
Covenant House Vancouver takes a Trauma Informed Approach to caring for our young people. Trauma Informed Care involves understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of all types of trauma. Trauma Informed Care also emphasizes physical, psychological and emotional safety and helps youth rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
The Integrated Case Management process is based on the following principles:
- Youth centered services
- Cultivating relationships of trust and mutual respect
- Realistic plans
- Youth participation and self-determination
- A holistic approach that addresses physical, mental, social, and spiritual health
- An ease of transition between programs along a continuum of care
- Focusing on resilience
- Celebration of diversity
- Collaboration and team work
- Accountability and responsibility