The 10th of October marks World Homeless Day it’s a chance for the global community to acknowledge those experiencing homelessness.
World Homeless Day draw’s attention to homeless people’s needs locally and internationally and provides opportunities for the community to get involved in responding to homelessness.
Here are some ways you can show your support and solidarity for those experiencing homelessness:
- Educate people about homeless issues
- Celebrate and support those helping to end homelessness
- Highlight local issues in the media
- Donate to non-profits and service providers
- Invite a guest speaker to your workplace or school (even virtually)
- Host a fundraiser
- Tweet #WorldHomelessDay @homelessday
Every single person deserves unconditional love and absolute respect. It is an honour to support young people in our community when then need a helping hand.